What is the difference between Méthode Naturelle and Hébertisme?
The term ‘Hebertism’ was proposed by a sports journalist, and there are many collaborators who contributed to the development of Hebertism.
Hebertism is a holistic pedagogical approach that consists of six modules:
- The Méthode Naturelle itself
- Manual labour (gardening, wood chopping, house keeping)
- Mental and moral components
- Intellectual culture
- Aesthetic culture (arts, dance)
- Naturist initiatives (nutrition, aero-, hydro-, helioptherapy).
Hebertism is a broader concept than the natural method, the last being a method of training and physical education. 1