A training session example, shared by the athletes from Methode Naturelle Munich 😊
60 minutes, light rain, +15°. A fitness trail in a city park.
4 participants and 1 coach, aged 31 to 50 years.
– Include as many as possible of 10 movement families in the session: walking, running, jumping, quadrupedal movement, climbing, throwing, carrying, defense, and balancing. The only discipline that was not covered is swimming.
– The intensity of the training rises gradually and reaches its peak at the final exercises.
– Athletes follow the principle of training of both sides: they throw the ball and the rope with the left and the right hand, jump off with the left and the right leg
– The exercises within each of the disciplines are variable in form. For example, the jumps: side jumps over the wooden clog and running broad jumps. Or throwing: passing a light ball to a partner in movement or throwing a heavy rope over a bar.
– The principle of alternation of the efforts: running and jumping (effort on legs) alternates both in the main part of the training and the final part of the training with the effort o arms during throwing, climbing, and carrying.
– For the participants to stay warm at the chilly weather, the coach combined the balancing exercises with other movement families (balance fight, passing a ball, cartwheel).
– Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, participants must keep a distance of 1.5 meters between each other. For the fighting, the coach chooses the indirect contact: balance fight with a rubber band and tug of war. The coach also chooses throwing exercises in such a way as to assign participants a certain position.
The STRUCTURE of the session
The warm-up goal is to prepare the body for the training and awaken the attention, coordination, and reaction of the participants.
- light stretching
- warm-up the joints and muscles (rotating arms, kicking, etc.)
- speed walking around the fitness trail with stepping over, and climbing over the obstacles. It helps to awaken the attention of participants and get familiar with the obstacles.
- to warm up the blood circulation and the lungs: running with hops, sidewards, in zigzag, with long jumps (video)
- fight on the wooden clog to activate coordination and reaction (video).
The MAIN PART of the session:
The goal of the main part is to progress in familiar exercises and learn new skills in natural method movement disciplines.
- Various exercises on the wooden clogs and at the grass: rotation, sidewards movement, cartwheel (video)
- Passing a ball to a partner, staining on one leg on the wooden clog (video)
- Passing a ball in sidewards movement (video)
- Throwing a rope over the bar (video)
Running and jumping:
- A round of a speed run around the fitness trail with side jumps over the wooden clogs
- Exercises on the rings and bars: swinging, upward circle forward, pull-ups
- Rope climb (video)
The FINAL of the session:
The goal of the final of the session is to claim a maximum of force, speed-endurance, and coordination.
- Running long jumps into a sandpit
- Lifting and carrying stones
- A series of short-distance sprints
- Tug of war (video)
— Walking with breathing exercises
— Stretching 😊